SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marthavila_gw

Any Hope for my Aeonium Schwarzkopf

marthavila
12 years ago

Greetings all. I'm a first time poster here and I need your help! Well, really it's my Aeonium Schwarzkopf that terribly needs your help!!

I bought this plant from the local botanic gardens annual plant sale this past May. When I bought her, she was about 10" tall, looked very healthy and pretty. That is, she had abundant, strong, fleshy fleshy leaves with no signs of insects, etc. Her stem looked and felt sturdy. I then brought her home and set her outside, in a western exposure, for the summer months. (Getting about 5 hours of direct sun each day). Some time around July, when we had a major heatwave, I noticed her leaves dropping and I moved her and my Jade to a less "hot", but still sunny location. (The Jade loved this move, btw). Then we started having big rains. I left her outside (but did her bring her inside while Irene was in town!) At any rate, about 4-5 days ago, I noticed her stem started bending. Now, this is how she looks today:

{{gwi:645614}}

{{gwi:645616}}

I've never tried to grow this plant before and admit to not doing my homework on proper care in due time. From the bit I've shared, do any of you know what's going on here? Have I slowly murdered this little plant and am now watching her last gasps? Or, is there any way to get her back to the lovely beauty she was in May? Any chance of salvation by going the route of stem cuttings at this point? Whatever your opinion or advice, it would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting