SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

Got my 'Dragon Fruit' Cuttings....now what to make them grow?

aveo5
13 years ago

I just got 6 cuttings, all have bottom roots it the tip of the cutting,some have airel roots as well. 1 is super thick and obviously from the bottom of some mother plant,the others are thinner,but all are rooted to a point and now I need to make then grow! And fruit. So...the huge mother plant they came from was on the 12th floor of a condo here in Ft.laud, spilling over the porch railing, and got morning sun till 12-1pm,its huge! He called it self fertile, since all he had to do was brush the pollen with an artist brush from flower to flower and got tons of fruit. White flesh fruit.

So do i pot them up into one pot and let them root in it, or tie them to a tree,as I have always seen them grown here, before I knew what they were.? And let airel roots develop and take over and let them go 'wild' again? Since they had sun till noon, should I only give them that,...or go for more, now that it is 'fall', and the light will start to get less soon, I hope! And let them crawl on their own, till they find what makes them happy? Whats the best route to make them grow and make them happy, to get me flowers and fruit asap? Next year if I can push it. I am fairly sure I can handle them, they are nearly exactly like my epi, Oxypetlum...'Queen of The Night flowering epi. And I can grow that like a weed. But to get fruit and keep the stems stiff and put out side shoots, there must be a trick.

Hints? Thank you.

Comments (6)