SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conrad13743

Maybe we can get something going here...

outback63 Dennison
10 years ago

A long winter indeed. Cabin fever has long taken over here in the Midwest. I am sure for those to the north and east you have had enough also..

A low ,so far, of -11 F. here in Kansas City with little or no moisture.. One day it's 60 F. the next -2 F. This has happen at least 2-3 times a week for the last month. February is our big snow month so hopefully this will come about. We had 24" a year ago last February of the heavy wet stuff that had plenty of moisture content.

I transplanted 11 conifers last October and have been carrying buckets of water to them when the weather is warm enough for the ground to thaw. Looks like I only lost one. A newly planted Cedrus deodara. 'Raywood's Prostrate Dwarf'. that was part of my new dry creek bed I added last October. All other Cedrus deodara survived. I suppose my one up micro-climate had something to do with that.

Hope all is going well for the rest of you. Chin up. In two, three months for some of you, we will have something to talk about.

Any of you got a pick me up?

Post it.

Nothing else to say. Just rambling along. Getting ready to clean my nose print off the window. The yellow/cold cultivars are front and center and beautiful to behold. Oh yes! The Picea pungens with their waxy blue color along with Picea omorika blue/green candle presentation make my day. Every year a little more grass disappears and I have plans to remove some more. I know the grass hates to see nose prints on the window in winter time. It knows what's coming.

Dave

My pick me up.

{{gwi:636211}}

Comments (35)