SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelbb757

Brown meyer lemon

angelbb757
10 years ago

Hello I am new to this but I am trying an organic route to growing my own food. I started with an improved meyer lemon tree about 2 months ago. It looks beautiful, so many flowers and one small green lemon. It obviously took a while to ripen but when it started to turn yellow, it also started to develop brown spots on it, almost overnight. The leaves look beautiful, it gets full sun about 6 hours a day, I water it, use espoma organic citrus tone fertilizer with fafard organic soil. I did notice some purple aphid looking bugs and small flying gnat looking bugs in the soil about 2 weeks ago. I purchased some ladybugs and they hung around for a few days, ate the aphids, then left. The gnats are still here. About 2 days after the ladybugs left there was a fungus like stuff growing on the side of the pot. Everything I saw it did not look like ladybug eggs in te slightest, it wasn't even on the leaves. I removed it all (i think) and i haven't seen it since. Are they the cause of the lemon turning brown or was it just a fluke lemon? What else can I do to get rid of the gnats? Any information is helpful. Thanks!!!

Comments (3)