SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaparralgirl

Petco Find! (You know, where the...plant lovers go...?)

chaparralgirl
12 years ago

So I took my baby girl (2-year-old black lab) down to Petco today, and in the fish/amphibian/general aquarium/terrarium section they had a handful of "habitat" plants. (It cracks me up, in a way - they have no idea what they have.) The plants are never labeled beyond what the plant is intended for and how to care for it. I saw a few jewels, though, and couldn't resist the temptation. (For their size, at $3/each, it's ridiculously overpriced; but they were right there...and I was right there...and they were pretty...)

First is some kind of pachy or grapto, petalum or veria or some such. It lost a few leaves on the ride home, but I really like the coloring.

{{gwi:631356}}

Next is a lovely Sanseveria of some type. I love the patterns. It gives it a really lush look.

{{gwi:631357}}

And finally, we have this little guy. And I do mean little. I wanna say it's a Haworthia. It's got little teeny-tiny ridges on the leaves, and the thing keeps spearing my fingers.

{{gwi:631358}}

It wasn't rooted in the pot at all - you can see the root end is all dried and shriveled up. I really like Haworthias, but I don't know much about them. Y'all think this one will be ok?

Comment (1)