SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sultry_jasmine_nights_fl9

Satsuma Acting Strange

Last fall I got a 3 yr old dwarf owari satsuma. It was planted in a container with large holes in potting soil mixed with perlite and cedar chips as well as all the other 17 citrus I have potted.

It was doing fine until this last week I noticed all the marble sized fruit it had turned yellow with some browning and dropped off. What is worse is that I noticed that some of the new branches, seem a little floppy/soft.

They are all green with no dieback. The leaves all look okay except a few are a little twisted looking. I also noticed there is a lot of new growth (leaves and branches). The actual tree stem above the graft seems a little softer to me than it should, however below the graft is very hard/normal feeling. It does seem to be a little top heavy due to all the new growth so I staked it above the graft but now am wondering..is it really due to being top heavy or is the stem actually losing its sturdiness?

I ue a water meter and it seems to be staying too wet (around 4 on the meter) so I checked the roots for rot and they all look and smell normal! I am conservative about watering but it has rained alot all last week. Not sure what the problem is but I also didnt see any insects.

What else should I do/ or be looking for? Does anyone know what causes this? Help!

~SJN

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths