SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

NPC Bed

{{gwi:626214}}

Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Van der Aker' .. do you think????? .. any suggestions what to do with it???

{{gwi:626215}}

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Plumosa Albopicta'

{{gwi:626216}}

{{gwi:626217}}

Chamaecyparis thyoides 'Aurea' .. hard life.. not much aurea about it ...

{{gwi:626218}}

Fagus sylvatica 'Asplenifolia'

{{gwi:626220}}

Juniperus chinensis 'Hollywood Variegated' .. probably more the form that the hollywood in the other post should attain

{{gwi:626222}}

{{gwi:626224}}

{{gwi:626226}}

Juniperus chinensis 'Saybrook Gold' ... not much different than daubs frosted or gold lace .... at this size.. ultimate form may be the issue ..

{{gwi:626228}}

Picea abies 'Aurea Spica' .. can you come up with a definitive better name???

{{gwi:626229}}

{{gwi:626230}}

Pinus parviflora 'Ini Funi'

{{gwi:626231}}

Pinus resinosa 'Quinobequin'

{{gwi:626232}}

{{gwi:626233}}

Pinus sylvestris 'Barry Bergman' .. suffered with giant scale ... and the white burns off each season... though that might have been part scale problem

Pinus thunbergii 'Thunderhead'

Comments (4)

• barbaraincalif
    15 years ago

Ken...after seeing all your photos I am reminded of my fall trips to the nurseries; you get to see what thrives and what simply survives in your area, but with horticultural practices being the wild card. (hey...that means you're the Joker!) You are leaning and doing a lot there. The Zone 5 folks should be paying close attention as they add to their conifer collections.

You already know that the Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Van der Akker' should have been pruned to a single leader for that upright arrow look. It will probably turn into a beautiful broad weeping tree. Your visitors will gasp with amazement!

Thanks for all the pictures,
    Barbara

• dcsteg
    15 years ago

"Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Van der Aker' .. do you think????? .. any suggestions what to do with it???"

You know what to do...start over...cut all the junk out and keep the strongest leader.

I would keep the skirt portion for a while to help promote growth while establishing a dominant leader'

Nice Pinus resinosa 'Quinobequin' and Pinus thunbergii 'Thunderhead'.

Dave

• ghgwv
    15 years ago

What color is your Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Van der Aker'? Does it have a blue cast or is it frost? I think the form of yours is great and may look like a fantatic fountain in years to come.
    Gary

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

frost on all

aker is green ..

ken

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional