SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jr78_gw

Few questions for the forum...Regards Meyer Lemen

JR78
11 years ago

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted. So here is some background information. I planted this tree at the end of January in the ground. I live in Phoenix, Arizona.

Here are some pictures so you can see how they have done.

{{gwi:584622}}

{{gwi:584624}}

{{gwi:584625}}

Ok, in my novice eyes, this tree seems to be not looking as good as it probably should. You see the long chutes, well they had leaves and slowly over the last 4 months they have fallen away. Now this isn't a huge concern considering I was told about some transplant shock and also because they main core of leaves are still there. Should I just wait for new growth are can I cut those limbs back to the rest of the tree? I plan to have a nice uniform tree, but I don't want to do anything to hinder it's growth and that's a lot of branch to cut off.

Next question is about fertilizing. My question isn't about when but how much. I bought a bag of Arizona's best citrus fertilizer. It calls for a newly planted tree from 2 to 4 feet to use 1/4c. Should I have used more? The tree technically is about 5 feet to the top of the longest chute. I fertilized it in the mid of February, and also the beginning of May. The only reason I ask is because it seems to look like it has a lack of nutrition. Your the experts, so I hope maybe you can see and let me know what you think. Here is a pic of the Fertilizer specs.

{{gwi:584626}}

Thanks for your patience everyone. Jon

Comments (11)