SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adelae_gw

Is my tree doing OK (picture included)?

adelae
11 years ago

Hello! I got this meyer lemon about a month ago, and have had it in this room since then. We won't be out of frost danger till on up in June. Since getting the tree, it has opened lots of blossoms and has new little green shoots coming out everywhere. Is this a pretty good indication that it's happy in this spot? I've grown houseplants in abundance for years but this is my first foray into citrus so I'm just so nervous that I'm going to wake up one morning and all the leaves will be on the floor or something. I also feel it needs repotting, soil seems pretty compacted and the pot is full of roots, but I'm so scared to do it! I'm going to make gritty mix for the repot. Any helpful tips or encouragement would be welcome :) It has dropped a few leaves since getting it, especially when I take it outside to spray with neem (has whiteflies and aphids) it usually drops one or two in the process, and then also will drop one or two every few days or so.

Thanks! and also, should I be pruning back these new little shoots or leave them be?

Comments (3)