SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cali41_gw

HELP! Lime Tree new growth curling?

cali41
13 years ago

Hi all -

I recently planted a lime tree into the ground here in the Phoenix area. The tree is about 3 years old and looks very healthy. After planting into the ground, it immediately started growing leaves and blooms. Alot of the blooms have turned into small limes which makes me think the tree has to be doing okay. I have watered it deeply about once a week to try and promote strong root growth and acclimation to the ground before the hot Phoenix summer arrives. With temps in the mid 90s now, I'm watering twice a week.

My concern is with the new leaf growth. They are green, but often are curled up. The shape is regular, and I have noticed less of a curl after watering, but the leaves still have a descent curl to them. All the original leaves looks great (those that were there when purchased earlier this year).

What could be the cause of this leaf curl? I have not fertilized the tree as I was told not to fertilize its first year after planting.

Please assess what you think could be causing this curling? I could be overreacting to nothing, but I'm new to citrus so I'm trying to learn the ins and outs.

Thanks in advance!

Here are some example pictures I took -

{{gwi:583721}}

{{gwi:583722}}

Comments (5)