SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachylivin

Moved into house- citrus trees have leaf curl and bare leaves

beachylivin
9 years ago

Located in rural southern California- I LOVE gardening. I just purchased a house on a half acre that has a clementine tree, possibly two lemon trees, one possible lime tree and an avocado tree. All of the trees are in horrible condition, except for the avocado tree. The clementine tree was planted on such a harsh slope that half the roots are exposed. All the citrus trees are suffering from leaf curl and have extremely bare branches. The clementine tree has an abundance of fruit and is still mostly green/not bare. The lemons & lime are flowering but are so bare it is hard to even recognize what they are. They have a couple fruit on them, but that is all. Also, a rodent has been gnawing at the bottom of one of the trees. These poor trees have so much going on:(

I know I have lots of aphids in my yard, I saw them all over the hibiscus plant but have not seen them on the citrus trees. I read that they can transfer a disease that stops water from reaching the branches, ultimately killing the trees. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to save my trees? I really don't want to have to cut them down.
Thank you!

Comments (13)