SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
busa_gw

Please help me with my Jade (Crassula ovata)

busa
14 years ago

Hi all! I've had this Jade for around 4 years. It doesn't grow. I know I have to re pot it, but I've gotten so many mixed opinions on how to care for it and how to re-pot it that I don't know what to do. Now i'm turning to you guys and gals. :) Hope you can help because I'm horrible at growing anything, and this little plant is the only thing that hasn't turned into tragedy with my care. So I really want to help it.

I've been told to keep it inside and not to water often. It likes sun and will die in the winter months if kept outside. I put it outside for the summer months so that it can get some sun. I feed it, and has been getting rain water and water from when the sprinklers go on. Has been outside for around 2-1/2 months.

For the 4 years that i've had it, this is the first year that it has ever been outside. I really baby it. It has never been re potted. I've been really worried about bugs and insects hurting it outside too, but I have no clue on what to use to help it from bugs and insects.

I tried searching, but thought I put this outhere because I'm a guy with no experience with plants and I really don't want my Jade to suffer like the other plants that I have killed in the past. So here are some questions that I hope you guys and gals can help me with. Thank you so much ahead of time and sorry for the rambling..

What kind of soil to pot it? Someone told me well draining sand and dirt. What is well draining sand? What kind of soil?

Way smaller pot. Any specific pot to use? Shallow or deep? Size?

What to feed it and when to water?

Should I take it back inside? Keep it inside when cold? Outside in the sun?

If outside any bug protection I should use?

Thanks all. Here's a pic of my baby... :)

{{gwi:617911}}

Comments (5)