SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

O.T. My potted 'Carrie' mango is producing inflos!

Andrew Scott
12 years ago

Hi guys,

I know this isn't the tropical fruits forum, but I also know that there are a few of us here who either grow mango trees or want to grow them.

I bought a 'Maha Chinook' mango tree about 2 almost 3 years ago, and I bought a 'Carrie' mango late last winter.

When I got my 'Carrie' it was blooming but sadly, I lost all the flowers without any fruit set. It went all spring and summer without producing any more inflos...occasionally a mango(depending on the variety) will produce some off season inflos.

I actually almost lost this tree. I don't have it potted in the gritty mix. I actually have found that my mango trees prefer to be kept evenly moist and if there not, they will quickly deteriorate. That's what happened to my Carrie but I quickly figured out what was going on.

I had both trees outdoors but the warm temps we had disappeared(Mike you were right on that one!) and I brought both back in. I noticed that both trees were budding but it was too soon to really tell what kind of buds they were.

Last night I watered the Carrie and I found 7 inflos on it!! I was really excited/pleased to see this!! As far as if I will see any fruit this year, I doubt it, as the tree is still rather small(only around 2ft).

Mike, I will keep you posted on both trees, and certainly if I get any full developed fruits!

Andrew

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH