SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
simon_grow

Dekopon/Sumo seedling help!

simon_grow
12 years ago

Hello everyone, I have some Dekopon seedlings that I planted from a single Dekopon seed I found in a fruit. I planted the seed several weeks ago and last week, I partially dug up the seed to see if it sprouted or if it had rotted. When I partially dug up the seed,I saw about 6-8 sprouts coming out of the seed. I took my finest pair of tweezers to see if I could gently seperate the seedlings but they were pretty much stuck together.

Should I try again to seperate the seedlings? I was thinking that I could let the seedlings grow a little stronger so that the roots wont be as brittle and maybe they will even be a little more seperated. When I tried to seperate them the fist time, I could see the cracks between some of the clones but they felt like they were still partially fused together. Should I just leave the seedlings alone and grow them all as a single bush?

Also, is there a way I can tell which seedling is zygotic? I assume its got to be the strongest or weakest one. Do zygotic seedlings sprout first or last? Thanks in advance!

Simon

Comments (79)