SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

OT: My turtle is missing!

moonie_57 (8 NC)
15 years ago

I've been gone for a couple of days and as soon as I got home today I went out to the pond to check on Turk, our yellow bellied slider. Sometimes he's at the bottom and doesn't always show himself, so I tossed in some food and went to go take care of other chores. Throughout the day I've been out but still didn't see him. Finally, I got out the net and started scooping. No turtle. :(

He was about the size of a quarter when we got him 9 years ago. Now, he's somewhere between the size of a salad plate and a dinner plate.

Between my yard and my mother's yard, we have 5 outbuildings that he could have gotten under. The whole yard is fenced so I feel like he's here someplace. Let's just hope he shows himself soon.

Now, I'm waiting for DH to get home. He's the solver of all my problems. But, it will be dark so he won't be able to search until tomorrow.

Doubt it would do any good to try to entice him with food. Water turtles have to have water to swallow, and anything big enough, he would not be able to climb into. I've worried that a hawk could have possibly gotten him, but think that he is probably too large to be carried off.

Please cross your fingers and toes in the hopes we find him tomorrow.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery