SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peebee1_gw

Score! Citrus $5 clearance at Lowes!

13 years ago

I went to my local Lowes to buy Tango mandarin, as I saw them at HD the other day but couldn't decide whether to buy one or not. Well I looked in the citrus section but they did not have any of the smallest size (are they called the bare-root size? when they are not in a regular pot?). Citrus grows fast here in CA so I wasn't about to pay $25 and up.

As I was leaving, lo and behold in the clearance section, they had plenty! 90% tangoes, a few Bears lime, navel oranges, meyer lemons, had those 3 already..wait, what is that lonely variegated leafy thing in the corner? Could it be..yes, one lone Eureka pink lemon! I almost shouted eureka too.So I only paid $10 for a Tango & Eureka. I would've paid $20 for only one, same size, at HD, and there was no Eureka either. BTW, if I go to another, larger Lowes in this same city, they would not have the same clearance items nor at this great a price. Their idea of a clearance is $2 off retail.

I can't wait to pot them up, but have yet to locate the crushed granite for my attempted Al's gritty mix.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio