SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

OT: aquarium uses other than fish?

fool4flowers
14 years ago

I got a larger aquarium for my fish and now have the old one if perfectly good shape but don't have room for it in the house anywhere. Does anyone know of a way I could use it for plants or cuttings in the garage maybe with grow lights in the hood? I really would like to make it into a terrarium or something but have never done it before. I have a spot I could do that with but to have it set up for fish I would need to plug in too many things. This spot would accommodate a light but thats it since the plug has been tapped into for the outside pond and greenhouse I can't overload it. If I don't come up with any better ideas I might just give the frogs and toads a larger home. I put some water plants in their tank and its looking a bit cramped in there. I put deep gravel on one side and very little on the other and put large rock structures on the shallow side for them to climb on to sun themselves and for the crickets to climb out of the water onto. The deeper side has mosquito fish and a little algae eater. The frog and toads like to swim and then go up on the shallow part and hide or climb on the rocks. There is only 3 small ones so there is plenty of room if I quit putting plants but I like to decorate it, lol. Any suggestions for plant uses?

Comments (3)