SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suivezmoi

How much did y'all spend on the gritty mix?

suivezmoi
9 years ago

So I know this will obviously vary depending on what material and where you got it, but a ballpark (and maybe a rundown of your sources) would be awesome.

I have a pretty good sized collection, though they are all relatively small (25 pots). So I am not sure how much I need.

I know there is work involved with making the mix, there is sifting and you have to wet stuff down so it's not just pouring it into something and going from there.

I ask this because I found some on ebay, and don't know if it's worth it to get that, or just bite the bullet and make my own. I will be living in a small apartment, so I really don't have a good option for outside storage, or a very good work area to do all this.

This is the info for the ebay listing:

$16 for packed Large USPS Priority Box, plus shipping. Weighs about 24 pounds.
Inside: 12in. x 12in. x 5 1/2in. That's 792 Cubic Inches = 3.43 US Liquid Gallons, 2.9 US Dry Gallons, 13.7 US Liquid Quarts, 11.79 US Dry Quarts, 54.86 Cups, 12.98 Liters.

The shipping is about $18.00

here is the link, the listing is down now but I know it will be back up eventually:http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRITTY-MIX-FOR-ALL-PLANTS-IN-CONTAINERS-FAMOUS-AL-TAPLA-1-1-1-SOIL-LARGE-BOX-/191137920912

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths