SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aslan89_gw

What Type Of Nutrient Deficiency Is This?

aslan89
11 years ago

At first I assumed it was just because the growth was new that it was quite yellow/lime green but it's not getting darker. Our house is recessed into a grapefruit orchard and all of the trees recently had a flush of new growth, but it's already healthy looking so I know my mandarin is crying out for help ;)

Just so you know, I have a large container of Foliage Pro on the way for my gritty mix plants. :)

I'm just curious what might be causing this. I have been using watered down fertilizer on this plant so I doubt it's a lack of nitrogen unless some other lacking nutrient might be preventing the uptake. Could it be a lack of calcium or one of the micro nutrients? I'm using some miracle grow fertilizer (horribly lacking in micros of course) but I also have some time release granules on the surface that contain chelated iron among other things (still not complete, but helpful).

{{gwi:575160}}

{{gwi:575161}}

{{gwi:575162}}

Overall the plant is doing much better than when I first purchased it. If any of you remember my thread about finding a Kishu Mandarin you will know that this thing was in dire need of some TLC as most of its leaves were missing.

Right after planting in the gritty mix it exploded with new growth (all the new yellow leaves) and the thing is covered in blooms now.

Comments (8)