SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
connie_ontario

Barriers to community garden involvement

Connie - Ontario
23 years ago

I work for an organization which has directly supported community gardens for 6 years.As the community garden coordinator, I have questions that I'm hoping other coordinators and participants can help me with. Each spring gardeners are enthusiastic and optimistic about gardening and each fall the support staff are faced with the back-breaking and disillusioning prospect of cleaning up, weeding, spreading manure, and roto tilling. Does anyone have any suggestions about how best to keep community gardeners involved in all facets of being a community gardener. Does anyone use a newsletter as a way of communicating with gardeners. What works and what doesn't?

We don't have a lot of staff time to actually work the gardens so involvement in all stages of gardening, by the gardener is really needed. I am planning to run workshops through the winter to address some topics the gardeners have said they would like to learn about and perhaps survey for suggestions re: barriers to gardening. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Connie

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH