SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcconnesinbloom

Coordinating community garden donations

20 years ago

I am the community garden supervisor for community garden plots which can be rented from the parks and recreation department of my town. Part of the community garden program is teaching organic gardening, and growing food which is donated to local food banks. There are several other community garden groups in the area which garden for education purposes and/or garden to contribute to local food banks.

We are all in competition for donations from local businesses. These businesses see all of our organizations as worthy causes, but cannot possibly donate to us all. My question is--does anyone have experience with organizing donations from local businesses and distributing these donations to local community garden groups as needed? I am searching for some way that we can approach local businesses as one with a communal "wish list", hoping that this will make it easier for local businesses to contribute to community gardening efforts more effectively, and that community groups will get the donations they need without having to compete with each other.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH