SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itzybitzy_gw

Sunflowers:)

itzybitzy_gw
11 years ago

I know I'm annoying;) but I really need help with this...How do you grow this beauty,I'm about to give up on them forever,last year I planted them for the first time they got eaten,this year I'm on my 4th bag,for the season and have excatly 0 plants,let me explaing the first round direct seeded as soon as they sprouted I meant to cover them up with empy nursery pots,forgot and next day some creature dug them and snack on,second try start them in peat pots as soon as they got the first set of leaves,they were getting big for the pot I transplant them in the garden and the very next day I found "stumps" only,agrrr,well I tried one more time last weekend put them on regular nursery square pots,planning on being very carefull @ transplanting time because I cannot find peat pots anymore and they sprouted very fast was not expecting that they were outside and got dug,eaten and I don't even know who is doing it suspects are:squarels,rabbits...I have many dif. seedlings outside on my patio but they only eat the sunflowers.It my be the same animal that stole my eggplant I planted 4 total 2 in pots, 2 on the ground,one of this just dissapear left was the tiniest stem just 2 feet away is the other eggplant very happy looking...I had the "same comedian" doing something similar to my pepper plants except that the peppers tops are intact and left just laying along side.

Comments (7)