SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkvlad21

Really burned Jade?

bkvlad21
9 years ago

My jade has been at this size for about 8 years now... After spending couple of weeks on the forums I figured that it simply isn't getting enough light.
Since my place is generally dark, I did my reasearch and bought a plant bulb to light up my jade.
Keeping a generous distance my jade seemed to enjoy the light and perked up (instead of falling down like it usually does). About a month later I figured that the jade got accustomed to the light and moved the lamp a little bit closer.
I turned it off as soon as I saw a droplet of water under the leaf and knew something was off. A week later this is the result.
I don't turn on the lamp at all anymore. The really burnt leafs (I don't think I need to tell you which) are messed up for obvious reasons however the top one and the one right below started looking pretty bad as well!
A burn is not an infection, how can in spread?

I really appreciate any tips. I'm afraid of watering because I'm aware that that's the easiest way to kill it.

Another hypothesis that I might have about it's generally bad state (besides the leaves) that it was my second time using plant food. (on the box it says that it's good for Jades). And just to be on the safe side I used about 1/3 of the recommended dose.

And finally, I know I will get a question about its location at the corner of the pot...
A person who was taking care of this plant before me saved the previously dying Jade by breaking the stem and reporting it. She however didn't know that it would be better to cut it. She broke it in a strange way because after that, the Jade only seems to grow roots on one side!
I planted it in the middle about a year ago and it slowly traveled to the side where (I assume) most of the roots were.
*plants are so interesting, wow*

Any tips on saving my Jade? She seems to get worse and worse every day.

Comments (21)