SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

Good candidates for replacing a lawn?

Central_Cali369
15 years ago

I've been chewing on the thought of replacing my front lawn for quite some time now, especially with the possibility of our water being rationed soon. I've already reduced the amount of lawn by taking bits and strips away from the edges. So far, I've used Verbena Peruviana (the common hybrid verbena) and Allysum, but i'm sure there are more options. I've recently planted a couple of sedums, to explore how those would do here. If they do well, i could possible use some of those. And on the plus side, i could propagate the ones i have and cultivate my own stock to plant since i would be doing this with a limited budget. I'm would really like to use succulents (clumping aloes would look really cool - I think), but am really open to just about anything. Do any of you have pics of lawn-less yards or sections of yards? I would love to see them to get ideas.

Here are a couple of pictures of the lawn I am looking toward replacing:

This shot shows pretty much all of the yard (except for the left-most extent which isn't much)

{{gwi:65216}}

This is the Left-most extent. The area around the majesty palm is the area with verbena and allysum. It seems to work pretty well in that spot.

{{gwi:65215}}

Looking from the near-center toward the right

{{gwi:566129}}

And looking from the same spot straight foreward

{{gwi:65217}}

Comments (7)