SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gadgetvictim

Is It Safe to Spray Foliage Pro on the Fruit?

gadgetvictim
10 years ago

Hi,
This is my first post on this forum. I live in Hawaii on the island of Oahu (Zone 11, or Sunset Zone H2). I started growing citrus trees about a year ago. Like many of you, started with two trees, and now I�m up to about 30+ trees (lemons, limes, mandarins, grapefruits, pommelo), purchased locally and on-line (FWG).

I have citrus growing both in-ground and in-pots. I�ve not had any success with the various fertilizers I�ve been using e.g.; (Vigoro citrus & avocado, Miracle Gro Organic) purchased at the local HD store. So, after reading all the positive comments on this forum about Foliage Pro, I purchased a gallon via eBay ($47 + free shipment). Now, I have several questions for the more experienced users of Foliage Pro:

For foliar application:
The instruction on the package does not provide any info on recommended or optimum/safe to apply frequency (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly)? How often should/can I spray my tress via the recommended foliar dosage per the FP label.

There is no information or caution on spraying FP on the fruits. How long before harvesting can the tree be sprayed? Are there any spraying precautions wrt the fruit that should be taken?

For in-soil application:
I understand most of the people on this forum us FP for their potted citrus plants. I�m applying FP to both my potted and in-ground citrus trees. So, if anyone else is using FP for in-ground plants, I would really like to hear from you

Mahalo, Gadget
FYI: It may be too early to tell for sure, but trees seems to have perked with brighter foliage and new growths.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor