SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fallfograin

Help! What should I plant?

fallfograin
14 years ago

I want to replant the center of my yard, a circular area about 13-14 feet in diameter. I have been doing a bunch of annuals there, with a couple of perennial bushes, but really would like something more permanent and low maintenance. I live two blocks from the ocean, so we get strong winds here sometimes, and lots of overcast days. I really want a beautiful garden, but a hardy, low-maintenance one. I don't know what to plant! Last spring it was just gorgeous - I filled the area with annuals and it just exploded. It was magical. But now it is like a wasteland. I want to have the joy I felt when there was so much beauty there, and bees too. I want something that will have beauty to offer every season, without me having to start over all the time. What would you do? this area is in the middle of the yard, with pathways and patios that go all the way around it. I am actually starting to feel desperate, because right now would be the best time to plant, and I am overwhelmed by everything that is out there, and don't have a clue! I love lots of purple and blue, peach and pale pinks.... Lavender has worked really well here, so I might use some of that. I also want to have some extra (wind resistant) height, to give it more layers and depth. Please give me your thoughts - what would you do?

Comments (12)