SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ukislav

Cactus branchtops shriveling, fading, wrinkling, softing

ukislav
10 years ago

Hi everybody!

From last moving of cactus from the apartment to the balcony, something happened with the cactus. Branchtops have begun to fade and shrivel. Body of branchtops is wrinkled, soft, as if they were dehydrated.

Upon the recommendation of saleswomen cactus are watered every three weeks during the summer, and every month during the rest of the year. Last change of cup we did last year, immediately after the moving to the balcony and then cactus grow about 10 centimeters over the summer. Everything was fine.

Before last taking out (two weeks ago) cactus was two months without water (to make it easier to transport so probably not overwatered). After moving to the balcony we watered cactus with supplements ...

We had 7-8 indoor-balcony or balcony-indoor moving (Spring-Fall), and there were no problems.

After this problem I read a book about the cactus where the author says that at winter we do not need to water cactus, and in the summer once or twice a week. So we watered cactus one week after moving out and watering cactus. New week passed. There is no change for the better. I marked boundary with marker between wrinkled tops and healthy parts. The soft part is not expanding. But it seems to me that the tops are more and more shriveling, fading, wrinkling and softing. ;(

Any idea what could it be and how to treat it? Hope solution does not include cutting edges!
Thanks

Cactus
{{gwi:582031}}

Healthy and shriveled part with marker
{{gwi:582032}}

Shriveled branchtop
{{gwi:582034}}

This post was edited by ukislav on Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 9:54

Comments (8)