SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

HI Toni and other citrus lovers, scared of pests!

meyermike_1micha
16 years ago

I just wanted to say since I have become a member of this forum ,I have learned so much by all of u on this site. Thanks so much for sharing all ur experience and info and for making citrus growing a real joy. I just have one question: And this is for all the citrus people out there that are addicted to buying many plants and wintering them inside. probably a question for Toni too since you have so many palnts. Is anyone scared to get so many plants a time in fear of an infestation of insects that could occur not just on one plant, but, that can spread to all. I fear this so much and all the work it would take to rid these pests especially in the winter time. As soon as I see one mite, or one thrip, I almost want to throw all the plants I have away and start over again in the spring. I guess you could call it a stupid addiction. I have them growing upstairs in a sunroom and it is a challange to treat everysingle tree every week if I see just one bugger. How do you all cope with an infestation if you should get one in the middle of winter.And what's worst is that the infestations always seem to happen right when the flowers bud or grow new growth. Is there a way to avoid this. Is there an easy way to make the work of getting rid of them less time consuming? Lol...

Right now I have gren lacewing larvea and nemetodes doing all the work for me..I HOPE..Lol

I am afraid to have more than a few plants for this reason . Seems like having just one plant would be easy, but I can't stick with just one citrus plant!! Can't wait to see what u do and how you cope with an infestation of buggers!!!1 :-)

Comments (3)