SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rocksniffer

Lemons, Blooms, Spider Mites...Oh MY!

rocksniffer
11 years ago

Greetings all! I just found you today as I searched for a way to de-mite my blooming lemon tree.

I am coming off my best yield ever - 42 lemons...the last two are in my frig waiting patiently to become lemon squares for the super bowl. Normally during the late fall and early winter I often am able to let the tree be outdoors during the day and inside at night. However last week, after weeks of spring like 70s and 80s, the temps finally seemed to settle on cold here in SC (daytime highs low/mid 50s and low 30s and even some 20s at night), and I moved the tree to its winter spot in the house (living room.

Now roughly five days in I find that a spider mite convention was obviously scheduled for this week without my consent. My unwelcome guests have spread in less than a week to cover the blooms, and most leaves.

So after searching this brilliant forum and finding out that I must not use Dawn dish soap, the questions of my blooms is still unanswered. what if anything can I put on my Mite Hotel and Resort to evict the buggers without further damage to my blooms?

Comments (31)