SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
siklid_gw

BIG mistake hoping no major damage

siklid
15 years ago

Hello , I accidentally used FAR FAR too much soap in a sprayer tonight. I recently started to use a water with a few drops of soap misting on my plants to hopfully cure a minor spider mite , major mealie problem. Well when I got home I mixed up some water with a bit of alcohol and some dish soap . I used this last week with no apparent ill effect to the plants . However this time I added far more soap than ever, the fact i've never seen the jug foam over before should have been my first clue, but i guess being tired from a 12 hours shift made me oblivious to that until after the fact. I then sprayed all my plants very well. I went out later to check on them ,hoping that they would have dried. They looked to be all wet still which I thought odd since enough time had passed they should have dried. I touched one of my euphorbia...it was dry! I looked and saw most of the plants looked shiny , I picked up my nice euphorbia "snowflake" to find that it looked still damp but also more green than ever. I believe I have washed the bloom off of all my plants that have bloom . I tried showering the entire collection with a garden hose , waited and found no change . While I know theres is nothing that can be done for the bloom , my bigger concern is the effect the sun will have on the plants( will they burn now?) , and if the pores may be clogged. In time the residue should wash off right???? Do any of you have a guess as to what the worst case scenario might be? Is ther any thing I can do to help the plants? Are the odds good that they'll pull through?

I'll be certain in the future to A) not spray my plants that are covered in bloom B) make certain to not use so much soap c) only work on them when I have decent lighting and am more alert

any ideas, or experiances shared would be great.... I know I can't be the only person to have ever done this ( I hope). I'm pretty happy with my collection and am really bummed out that I most likely have ruined several plants , and may have even jeopardized their appearance and health indefinatley

thanks

T

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor