SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ticodxb

Which lemon tree for Dubai, UAE?

ticodxb
13 years ago

Hello,

I am currently living in Dubai, UAE and I would love to grow a unique to here lemon tree... the only thing is, I would have to start it from seed, although I might get away with sneaking a small lemon plant into the country (though it probably wouldn't survive the trip in the cargo hold of an aircraft)

I keep hearing so much about Meyer Lemon trees and how they can be brought indoors when the temperatures are getting too low... is it the same for when the temperatures are getting too high?

Also, can I get a meyer lemon tree from seed to flower and bear fruit?

Right now the weather is beautiful- highs in the high 60s to high 70s and lows in the low to high 60s.

But come April it will start to get humid and go well above highs in the 80s and in the summer over 100s with very high humidity. August is the worst with highs continuously reaching above 105-110F --brutal heat and humidity! Especially from a gal like me who came from Colorado! :D

Would I be able to keep a Meyer Lemon tree alive and healthy over here if I am able to bring it indoors in the hotter months?

If not, is there any lemon variety you can recommend? We do already have a Persian Lime tree that does well for us and produces fruit year after year... but again, that was bought as a plant and is 10+ years old now. This one is an outdoor tree in partial shade so obviously there are citrus varieties that can survive the weather here...

Comments (9)