SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hottielover14

10 Gal CP terrarium set up

hottielover14
16 years ago

Hey everybody its been a while since ive posted a thread on here. I have been raising plants for 10 years, anything from Cacti to fruits/veggies to tropicals to CP's. I bought a 10 gal aquarium that im gonna use as a terrarium and Im gonna put it in my 3 tier greenhouse under my 4x40W bulbs. Im gonna put tropical Neps in it and some VFT's. I have read the debate on growing VFT's but im gonna give them circulation and not to high of humidity but enough for the Neps to survive.

The lighting is nowhere near the sun but it should be enough also since the terrariums not that deep. I have a peat/perlite mix already but Im not sure how i should set it up. Im not sure if i wanna use my peat/perlite mix for the substrate or egg crates or a hybrid of both. I was thinking maybe putting my VFT's on the egg crates so I can take them out for dormacy or should I just keep them in there pots in the substrate without the egg crates? what do you guys think i should do? what are some terrarium styles that can be used for CP's with a subsrate or egg crate?

thanks

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor