SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a_shau

Sarracenia pitchers drying up

a_shau
10 years ago

Hi - I bought this plant in mid-August and read that they need a lot of direct sunlight, so had them by my south/west facing window during the afternoons, and then would move them to be outside at night. The soil has always been kept wet (with filtered, not tap water).

I started noticing the tips drying out on one pitcher, then two. I called the place where I bought the plant, and the owner suggested that I mist the pitchers and also mist the insides so that the pitchers would be liquid inside. Then all of the tips dried out, and I just moved it to the outside space, which has light, but not direct sunlight, where it has been for the last week or more. There is some new growth at the bottom, but I think that even with those the tips are a little dry.

What am I doing wrong? Is it just not humid enough where I am? Also, I have no idea if it's catching flies. The spot it's in (our doorway) always has a ton of flies flying around, but I'm not sure if any of them are getting lured in by the sarracenia.

Comments (9)

Sponsored