SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ams2009

cloudless sulphur chrysalis question

ams2009
14 years ago

I recently discovered a few cloudless sulphur cats on my cassia tree. I found them the day before I was leaving to go on vacation for THanksgiving, so I couldn't bring them in. One of them was preparing to pupate and when I returned from vaca, he/she had formed chrysalis, and it was very pink, almost purplish color, in some areas. I ended up bringing the other two cats in when I got back, and decided I would bring the chrysalis in too, but when I went to cut the branch he was on off of the tree, I noticed he was gone, not sure what happened to him, I guess something got him. Anyway, the other two cats have since pupated, and I noticed that one seems to be firmly attached and does not move when I move the critter cage he is in, the other one however, seems to be dangling and only the bottom part of his body seems to be attached firmly to the stick he is on, the pinkish chrysalis that was outside was the same way, if the wind blew, the chrysalis would spin around and dangle. The chrysalis that does not dangle and sway, appears to be supported by a sling, like the gsts make, but the other two, don't seem to have a sling supporting them, only the silk pad at the base, so I was wondering if they may have fallen out of their sling, or if they even make a sling, and what I can do to stabilize the chrysalis I have now that is just kind of dangling and swaying, thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths