SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david90531

I "stole" a succulent today, help ID :)

DavidL.ca
9 years ago

First of all I'll say I didn't do anything illegal.. xD
I will confess though, that I've been taking leaf "cuttings" from stores and nurseries, cuz they fell off the plants and are just lying around, some of them already got roots! Does anyone do this too?!

But anyway, today I drove pass Rona and thought I would take a look at their succulent selection. WOW I was impressed by how bad they're taking care of their succulents. Basically everything is dead or half dead... and then this little guy was literally just lying around without a pot! But aside from that it looks healthy and it's a cool plant. I held it in my hand trying to find someone that works there and ask how I can buy this, and finally saw this girl and I told her this thing was just lying on the ground... And she just said, oh you can take it if you want then. She probably thought it was some kind of garbage - .-.

Anyways, here's the plant before I did a repot right afterwards:
{{gwi:577219}}

Post-repotting:
{{gwi:577220}}

{{gwi:577221}}

I have seen these on a website before, but I couldn't find it again today.. Could someone please help ID?

I really wish these "bigbox stores" have better knowledge about cacti and succulents so they don't just neglect and kill them like that. Some of them are in pots that don't even have drainage holes!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH