SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
latinforever

I have two Question In regards to VFT

Latinforever
18 years ago

Hello:

As all of you know I'm new to the forum and just recently I had purchase two sets of VFT from Lowes, one was really small and the other was in a 4 inch pot that was very healthy,both plants were very healthy when I picked them I took the hood of the pot and watered with distilled water cause the peat that they were in was sort of dryed,

I took both plants as i have read on The book savage Garden that these plants do very well in full sun so I place them in full sun from morning and in the after noon they get shade, in a week an ahlf both VTF began to go black. I dont know why I think the sun was to much for them and they could not take it.Now, My first question is does that mean that the plant is compleatly dead and I can throw them out or should i take them and place them in a newly fresh pot and see if they grow back ? I dont know what to do??

Second question I went back to Lowes to see if they had new plants and I got two more VFT now the reason why I bought them was one clump was very close to the ground and they had huge mouths I think these have to be Big mouths or vigorous VFT I had heard that they have to get use to the sun for the first time in this forum I took them home water them with distille water this palnts and un unbealivable shape both plants have huge traps at least an inch and a half the difference is that one si very low to the groeun and the other is throwign the traps into ther air.

I took these plants and I place the under a the shade of tree that I have next to my balcony where they dont get full sun for now until i hear from some one which brings me to my second question How do I trained these palnst to take full sun and Im i doing the right thing with placing them underneath the shade were they get bright light and some sun between the leaves of the tree?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH