SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
latinforever

VTF turning black ( new to the Hobbie)

Latinforever
18 years ago

Hello:

I new to the hobby and i have been reading for the past 2 motn the Savage Garden by Peter Damato and its great for starters. I recently purchase two vft from Lowes one was in a 4 inch trasparent pot with a cover the plant sizes i woul;d say had about 1and half traps sinnc ei live in flrirda and I have read that full sun is best for the palnt as soon as i got them I took the cover off and placed in the direct sun to gethtem hardy. about 3 days later i notice black spots on one of the leaves as it had catched an ant and the trap was shut , i had read that most traps after getting there meal soemtimes do go blcak and die off.

Then I notice that the other traps began to go balck as well there only one ne shoot coming in and that one has not turn balc as of yet. I purshacea a small vft at the same place the 3 inch pot or smaller in the full sun as soon as i got and i have notice the same thing with this plant and this palnyt when i got did not have any balck spots at all it was in great shape.

I have herd that soemtimes nurseries try to froce these pants for growth but i so confuse if thies both vft are going into doemancy or are they rotting away and will i loose them. any and all help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting