SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ams2009

I don't lnow what to do!!! GST cat cannot 'chew'. Please help!!

ams2009
14 years ago

ok, I posted about the "damaged head capsule" and posted pics. this poor last instar gst cat CAN NO LONGER pierce with his mouth parts and cannot bite off pieces of the leaf, but he is TRYING SO HARD. he has been in his enclosure by himself, I keep them all separated in their own individual containers. Up until yesterday, he was eating normally like all the others, but last night I noticed he was working very hard eating his leaf, but none of it was disappearing, the edges were just shredded, so I gave him a tender new leaf and he was able to bite offf a few pieces, but he shredded the edges mostly, and it looks like something is wrong with his "mouth" or head capsule, like part of it is missing. What could this be?? what do I do?? and since he is fifth instar, or last instar (not sure of correct term) will he go ahead and pupate anyway? even if he cannot continue eating? I have another one who just made his sling and he is a bit smaller than this cat that cannot chew, so I am hoping he will just pupate and stop struggling, I feel so sorry for him, and I cannot figure out what the problem is, or what happened. It looks like the "middle" part of the head capsule is cracked or gone, like the triangular shaped piece that is in between the head capsule. ANy advice appreciated, I hate to see him make it this far and then starve because he cannot eat, and it is heartbreaking to watch him try to eat. on the new leaf I gave him, he chews and chews on the edges and they just turn dark like he is penetrating them somewhat but is not able to "clasp" down and tear the leaf. Please help!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: what is wrong with this cat??????

Comments (11)

Sponsored