SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toolgrrl

Where can I find pitcher plants?

toolgrrl
17 years ago

Hi all-

I'm a newbie to this message board as well as to growing CP's. I'm totally obsessed with pitcher plants after seeing the collection in the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. Yowza!

Actually, I have 2 questions: first is where can I purchase my own? I know I can get plants online, but I really prefer seeing the actual plant before spending hard cash. I found the Biophilia nursery in Elberta, AL, but no-one else in town sells them (except wholesale). I did purchase a couple of Sarracenia from Biophilia. I travel to Atlanta fairly regularly, sometimes Birmingham & New Orleans. I'm actually driving to Hattiesburg tomorrow. So anywhere even somewhat en route from Mobile to these places would be great. I would really like to get a Nepenthes!

OK, second question: I've been reading about the difference between the lowland & highland species of nepenthes & from what I've read, the highlands do better if they get cold in (60 degrees) at night. That only happens here in Mobile in the spring & fall, NEVER in the summer. Will that make it difficult for me to grow highland nepenthes?

Thanks for any/all input!

Comments (7)

Sponsored