SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fighting8r

So, had to go out for an oil change today...

fighting8r
14 years ago

and decided to swing by Lowe's since it was next door.

Started poking around in the citrus, looking for tangerine or something I don't already have, and found three GST eggs. Then two cats.

Now thinking, OK what am I gonna do with them all day during my errands? I go back to the car and get my bottle of water, finish the water and carefully put them in the bottle. I finish my shopping at Lowes and on to Home Depot, where I find a couple (three I think) more cats. And bought a tangelo tree.

The caterpillars traveled with me for the rest of the day, groceries and Target. I carried the water bottle the whole time keeping the lid off mostly for air flow, while watching for attempted escapees. One actually did crawl out onto my shopping list and I had to get him back in.

I remember a while back there was a post about the silliest/craziest things you have done for/with caterpillars, driving with them crawling on you, etc...

Couldn't find that post so starting a new one here.

BTW, the cats were on various citrus plants at lowes and HD, some are a few days old and quite healthy and vigorous looking, even after shopping all day. So I guess that means no pesticides, although I am still nervous about putting them on the tangelo I just bought. I also remember another post about feeding HD citrus just recently? Anyway I'll probably let a couple on it after showering it down good, as I am getting short on young leaves...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!