SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rudy625

Lurker needs advice on moving from Pa. to Ga.

rudy625
15 years ago

Hi guys,

This is my first post to this group,altho I have been lurking in the background for over a year.My name is Dan,I am retired and live in north-eastern Pa.I have been growing brugs about 6 years now since I bought a "strange looking" pink plant from my local nursery while on one of my many trips to all the local nurserys (most of them know me by name by this time),and have been hooked since my noid pink first bloomed and filled my yard with the most intoxicating fragrance I ever had in my yard,and I am a master gardner (well,almost,I took the course at the local Penn State extenion,passed with flying colors,BUT,never completed the hours of community service needed to get my certificate,long story.

Enough of my babel,I need some advice.I now have 7 different varities of brugs growing in-ground, about 25 plants in all,in various stages of bloom.Problem is that I will be moving to southern Georgia around December or January,and since my brugs will be in a dorment stage in my basement by the time I will be moving,I am wondering what is the best way to prepare for the move now? I presently have:

Super Nova

Double peach

Miss Emily Mckensie (sp?)

Charles Grimaldi

Desiree

L'More sp?

3 second year seedlings of Creamsickle x painted lady

What I really want to know is, have any of you guys seen or heard of a method of saving cuttings by dipping them in rooting hormone,and wrapping them in newspaper ? I seem to remember seeing something about that somewhere,but didn't pay attention at that time,as I did not plan on needing that info at the time. Any input would be greatly appreciated,cause,I'm really in love with all my babies.

Oh,I forgot,two newer brugs,

Inca sun

Doosie by eddiedwaine

Thanks in advance

Dan Wilkes Barre Pa. Zone 5/6

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert