SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalzone7_gw

My christmas catcus is flowering IN JUNE !!!!

tropicalzone7
14 years ago

I sucessfully get my christmas catcus to bloom every year, but it never blooms at the same time. I know for sure it is a christmas catus, but 2 years ago it bloomed in mid march, and last fall it bloomed a little after thanksgiving, and never made it to christmas.

Just today I realized that my christmas catus has buds on it, and alot of them. The buds are still small, but it looks like it should be in full bloom by mid july, where temperatures will be in the mid to upper 80s every day. Should I be worried. I dont have an idea at all why its blooming. I gave it plant food (which should encourage leaf growth, not flowers). I also gave it lots of water, and even some sun. Yesterday the weather was so humid that it poured out of nowhere for about 5 minutes and then the sun returned. The weather has been cool for june, but last weekend was average, sunny, and in the 80s, and this week was in the mid 70s and cloudy.

My questions are:

1. Will it continue to produce buds if we actually get some average temps. which are in teh mid 80s this time of the year)

2. If it does bloom now will I get some more blooms during the fall, or will it be sending out new leaves.

3. Should I decrease watering and keep it in more shade to encourage buds, or should I give it plant food, sun, and water like its been getting all along.

Here isare two pictures of it I just took. As you can see the buds arent very visable from a distance yet.

{{gwi:568230}}

{{gwi:568231}}

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments (36)