SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trio123

Venus, Sundew, and Pitcher plant appear to be dieing

trio123
15 years ago

I bought a three in one pot with a sundew, pitcher plant, and a venus fly trap at a flower and garden fair. I have had them for two months but now they appear to be dieing. The leaves on the fly trap are turning black, the edges of the top of the pitcher are drying out (browning around the edges) and it has lots of little white insects on it that I cant seem to get rid of (I've just tried removing them by hand), and the sundew lost it's little bit of purple color. I havent changed the soil, I know they need sphagnum if I do. I've been using distilled water and rain water to fill up the saucer on the bottom. And I've been spraying the sundew regularly with distilled water. What I'm lacking on is sunlight. I didnt realize that my appartment on the third floor had no sunlight coming in through windows. So I used two florescent 17 watt fish tank lights (that's what I had lieing around). I couldnt find any plant lights at home depot... didnt really know where else to look. Thank you for any help figuring out what I need to do.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville