SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arielletea

Different Venus Flytrap Question

arielletea
13 years ago

Okay well about a week ago i got 2 little venus fly traps from a local nursery and they were soooo healthy and beautiful. They were in the terraniums and it said to keep them there so I did for a few days to get them accustomed to the new atmosphere, but I read they don't need to be in them and I'd prefer them not to be. Since I dont have time/money to re-pot them and they are so new I'm not worrying about that right now. I left them in the sun for a whole day outside of the terranium and now one is all dead but not black, it's a lightish brown. The other one the tips of the traps are turning black and where they used to almost all be opened, they are all closed now.

I know I have to water with distilled water but I cannot afford it right now so I use my bottled water and called the company and they said it was sodium- free. I am keeping them in the plastic containers and in as much sunlight as my balcony can get in 1/4 of water in a tupperware container. At night i put them back in the terrarium and under 3 15 watt fluorescents.

I am willing to get knew ones but I'd rather not...One is only got black in some spots do you think I could salvage them and what am i doing wrong?

Thanks so much for any help these are my first carnivorous and I love them to death.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz