SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Carnivorous Plant Newbie (Here Anyway)

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but not to CPs. I grew 2 VFT's, 2 sarracenias (flava and purperea), a butterwort (from Lowe's. I read in The Savage Garden that the kind it was isn't long lived), and 2 sundews (not all at once either) from 2006-08. I haven't grown them since. Now, I'm thinking of getting another VFT. I'm thinking of getting the cultivar B52 or a similar plant with large traps. Does anyone here grow it?

I got most of my plants from California Carnivores and the box stores (Wal-Mart and Lowe's). I have nothing but good to say about my experiences with CC! I e-mailed them to see if they're going to carry B52 and they replied saying yes but for a limited time and stock. I mostly grow outdoors now and have a few houseplants (10 hoyas, a snake plant, a white crown of thorns, a croton and a Thanksgiving cactus; soon I'll be adding epiphyllum oxypetalum to the mix!).

I do have one question. Does anyone in my zone (6) sucessfully keep CPs outdoors year round? I know some sarracenias and VFTs have been introduced to PA.

Thanks in advance.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES