SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
benboy620

Need info on ivy or creeping vine for garage wall

benboy620
16 years ago

I am relandscaping my back yard and fairly new to the gardening world. I'd like to plant something that will grow up the side of my garage wall, west facing, lots of exposure all day long. wall is about 20 ft across by 7 ft to the bottom of the rain gutters. what creeper or ivy would work best here and how many do I need to plant? will be well-sprinklered, although not crazy about splashing water onto the foundation of the garage all year (hey, it's only the garage!) so the less water the better. blooms would be nice but not essential. just need texture and something other than an olive stucco wall to look at from the deck!

also need help selecting a few shade providing trees for the back wall of the yard. that is south facing, plenty of sun all day long, plenty of water. would like something that grows to about 12-15 ft max (could be smaller), doesn't need major maintenance with shedding. considering a pear tree but uncertain how well that will do in my zone. tree needs to provide broad shade but won't get too out of control growth wise and overwhelm oleanders on the neighbor's side of the fence. trees will be close to fence, less than a foot...

Comments (2)