SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: POTD: Friendship

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

It is wonderful that I can say: good morning FRIENDS!!!

In the shortest time after joining this forum I new this was the place!

To find people with the same love for brugs, plants and gardening all together under one roof lol

Little did I know that friendships would grow like seeds

Some started out real fast...some grew over time.

But they are ALL beautiful, like every little seed I grew.

I love you all and to ALL the members that hesitate to participate or come out of lurking...you are truly missing out on the best thing about this forum!!
{{gwi:526834}}From POTD forAugust '09

Friendships are full of suprises...like growing seeds and not knowing what you got lol.

Well I was THRILLED when I saw that I also had not one....but TWO white ones growing. One is in the ground the other in that pot.

I am just HAPPY!!

Will you be happy with me? Even if it is just for a brief moment you can get away from all the worries.

Don't Worry,

be happy

you all know I was singing just now right? lol

CU all later

Hugs

Lucy

Comments (24)

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

BIG ((HUGS)) Friend!
    Just place and you are both special.
    I also have found new friends here.
    This is the only forum ( I Feel ) anything goes. LOL
    You want be shooed away for OT. I like that!

So come out of lurking...We want bite (hard) LOL

Don't Worry, be happy....
    Singing with you,
    ((HUGS))
    Dorothy

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lets get a chorus going Dorothy :-)

I always take out the dentures before I bite roflmao

P.S. Don't have any ha ha ha But I thought it brings a smile to everyone lol

Lucy

• Related Discussions

OT: POTD: A wilted Amaryllis bloom with a surprise to me

Q

Comments (8)
    well thank you my friends. I see it differently about sharing my pictures. To me it is the same thing when you do something out of love for somebody...and do not want anything for it in return...and you get *paid*. It takes that feeling of having done something from your heart...away. Same with the pictures. I find them JUST FOR YOU ALL. I change that...they loose their special feeling about them. Do you know what I mean? So...as long as there are POTD>.....they are truly just for you all Lucy
    ...See More

OT: POTD: Another new Amaryllis for me

Q

Comments (12)
    I cross..............my fingers that you will be able to FLY!!! To get away from your weather...ha ha ha you know, you will probably be the one person in all of Florida who is happy about the weather when you get there roflmao. Eloise I can't do that...cause the phone numbers from germany do not show up and they do not wait for me to use the answering machine. Besides..I still have not programmed it ha ha ha I did take some pollen and put it on 2 others this morning...not sure if it will still take since I waited so long :-( Lucy
    ...See More

OT: POTD: Let me share my hot lips with you

Q

Comments (16)
    Kristy I am glad it worked and made you laugh :-) *hugs* This was the second year for it. 1st year I only had it in a pot and it grew fairly small. Then I popped it in full sun in the ground and it grew very nicely. I sure hope it comes back. Isn't it a perennial? maybe I figure out how to root it and send the ones who like it some :-) Lucy
    ...See More

OT: POTD: Karyn my Subject is 100% better then yours :-(

Q

Comments (16)
    Oh sorry I forgot to answer that about the other plant...It is this huge shrub that is covered with these little trumpet like flowers. It is 20 years or older and I have NO idea what the name is. Kylie ...hicks...where were you...hicks...I had to drink it all by myself...hicks Lucy
    ...See More
  • dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Good Morning Lucy!!! Great looking flower.

later....April

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Goodmorning Everybody! Have a wonderful day today...

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

April
    Now thats funny!!! ROFL
    Dorothy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I love the 'feel' of this forum! It's so friendly and a great place to wake up. I have coffee with all of you every day!

Lucy, that is a lovely hibiscus! If you get any seeds can I have some please?

Pam

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

Yes we all are friends at this forum. Good Morning everyone!
    Lucy i love the hibiscus, I have 3 plants from the seeds you sent me. I wonder what colour they might turn out?

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

That's beautiful, Lucy. Thanks for sharing. Not much blooming here. Rain always seems to be a week away and then another week and another....

• theblueswan
    14 years ago

Just wanted to say hello-- and I got one guess in on your brug cutting give-away (my first post on gardenweb!)

Thanks for the hello's and happy day back at 'cha!

Kim

• pearlgirl
    14 years ago

Good morning, Lucy! Sometimes I'm posting, enjoying others
    posts, or, perhaps lurking :). Like you, I think that this
    is the most wonderful, friendlist, helpful forum there is.
    It's always my first stop.
    That's a lovely hibiscus. I'll soon be collecting lots
    of seeds if anyone needs some.
    Margaret

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

good morning Lucy and everyone!!!! Great way to start the day!!!

Mary

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Lucy I was just out in the gardens and look what I found! Your moms plant has a flower..:) Isnt she beautiful. Thank Lucy for sharing your moms plant with me...You have a big heart of gold...Hugs Barb

{{gwi:526835}}

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Hey Kim
    Welcome to the group!
    Dorothy

• haase
    14 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm happy to have been accepted into the Brug forum. Love it, and love you guys.

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

You always make me smile Lucy even though I don't get to see pic of the day until at night usually, lol. Speaking of, rest time is over I gotta get back outside, lol. I wanted to cut the grass so it won't be knee high in weeds when I come back.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I start with the last reply and work my way up again.

Kristy I worked outside till little before 9pm. But I finally got the flowerbeds close to the house edged and the grass cut. The one bush trimmed because it was taking all the space and light away from the brugs growing next to it. So did you get your grass cut also?

Haase I am smiling. All it takes it just that...participate and you are HOOKED lol...not just with brugs...but with US lol

Barb that is awesome! I showed Alexander the bleeding heart when we were at Disney and the way he says bleeding heart...just CUTE!! So when ever he saw one, he said..look Oma, a bleeding heart. So I send him a little plant last week. By now I have it growing everywhere. But if my memory is right...Brenda???? (if it was not brenda..forgive me. It is hard to keep track unless I label them right away)send me a cutting a while back also. So not only do I have my moms growing...but from a GW friend also.

Mary a smile @ ya

Margaret I am crossing my fingers also that I will get lots of seeds. It germinates really great. For I have like 6 or more of them growing.

Kim see it does not take a lot to be part of this great hang out we have.

Rock Oak Deer, first I have to say that I really think about MY deer all the time when I see you post ha ha ha I hope you don't bite and eat all my plants roflmao I start my day with watering all the plants from about 6 am until 11 am. I would not make it if I would not water them lol Waiting for rain...gosh I would not have anything LIVING in this yard of mine. Well not quite...I do have a few drought resistant plants lol

Siam collecting seeds and you are of course on my list. I meant to send some out already. Made the envelopes and sat there for 3 days organizing them...well...they are still at the house :-(

Pam you betcha that I will share seeds with you when I have some!! I feel the same way. No matter how the day is going to be, I love starting it right here...and especially when I can not check in here and there during the day....no breaks ...I need the night cap with you all.

April that is SO FUNNY...Guess like that Dorothy is right that it will not hurt if we ever bite roflmao

I hope everyones day brought you some joy with your garden.

Hugs
    Lucy

• taz56
    14 years ago

Lucy, you are truely a shinning star!
    I beleive you bring the best out of
    us all here, because you always give
    us your best with all that you do!
    My dear friend you are truely a
    blessing, we all Love Lucy!
    Hugs!
    Susan

• theblueswan
    14 years ago

Hi, again,

Just checking back on the group here! I asked some questions on another forum... so while around! Thought I'd make myself at home!

I sent mail to get some datura seeds!(postage-- Karyn had an offer for some) I'll be trying to beg a few brug cuttings in the fall (once I get moved into the old house we are hoping to buy)!

I put rooting compound on some butterly bush cuttings and potted off some baby peppers (which I hope to swap at some point for other stuff!) These are round ball peppers! Pretty cool looking as plants, also.

I'm now the proud owner of 6 (count 'em) six types of basil-- coming back last night from the farm stand with a small leaf--fancy one!

(I sniffed sage last night that smelled more like mint than sage! Interesting!)

I'm also rooting some sedum (pink) and some more chocolate mint!

And Margaret-- I've never grown hibiscus-- if you get any seed-- I might try it!

Thanks for everyone's welcome!

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Hugs to Lucy & all my other friends (including the newbies I haven't met yet). We are enablers. Once one of us gets a plant to bloom & posts pictures, we all have to have it (& we all have such good taste in plants). We rejoice in each others triumphs & cry when something happens. We're just plain nice. Too bad the rest of the world hasn't caught on.

Linda

• byrd4460
    14 years ago

Wow Lucy
    What a Great Sermon From You This Thursday
    Morning To Start The Day.
    Friends, Oh How i Enjoy Them That Has
    Become Part Of My Life. You All Will
    Always Be Remember By Me. Thanks To
    All Whom Have Made Me Feel At Home At
    The Garden Web.

Love
    Chocolate Brug

• gottahosta
    14 years ago

Wow, don't know I missed this one, Lucy!

You are truly blessed with some beautiful blossoms this year .........and we are blessed with your friendship and sharing heart!

Thanks!

~Brenda

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Linda how true how true! Never would I have imagined of having so many new plants to me then I have received in just one season!! HUGS to all my donors :-))))))

Susan...if I can just make ONE person feel like you do about me....it is all worth it. Going on the hunt for THE POTD...sharing my happiness with everyone about gardening and lots more OT's lol

theblueswan I do not think you have to do a lot of begging for cuttings when time comes :-) I love Basil. Funny thing happened the other day. I had those 2 Korean ladies walk by and they loved the front yard. So I invited them into the backyard and they almost fainted lol. Anyways...they saw the red and green basil and went crazy over it. They ask what I cook with it and when I said so far I am only growing it because it is so beautiful...they could not believe it. Naturally they not only left with a few plants...but they took ALL the seeds the plant had at that time ha ha ha Sounds like you might have seeds to share too :-)

Chocolate Brug....you are not planning on leaving us, are you? You better NOT!!! You belong here like all the angels and OT's !!!Ok I read your message again and I come up with the same conclusion...please do not say you are moving on!!!! I only share what I feel, my friend...what is in my heart and going on in my mind. It is like I am listening and I find the answer what I need to say on any given day :-)

Brenda that is exactly how I feel. Very blessed for having my garden grow more and more into this little paradise I imagine in my mind. You all just let me truly be, who I am!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

Lucy

• byrd4460
    14 years ago

Lucy Lucy Lucy!!!!

No Way Jose!!!!! You All Cannot Run Me Away
    From Here. Have Gotten To Attach To You
    All. You All Should See Me Trying To Get
    To a Computer When I Am Out And About.

I Am So Sorry If My Last Post insinuated
    That I Were Leaving. I Was Just So Caught
    Up In Lucy Post I Kept Telling Myself, Boy
    What a Message Lucy Post, And As I Was Reading
    Her Post I Got Carried To a Place That!!!
    Well I Better Leave That Alone.

Once Again !!!!No Way Jose

I Am Y'all Friends For Life.

Love
    Chocolate Brug

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Now that is what I like to read and I promise I will cut back on reading WRONG between the lines from now on lol

I am so happy that I was wrong!!

Glad I was able to take you to this special place.

this time when I go visit the grandkids in Florida I will even have time to go online since they will be in school during the week and I am home alone...OR..at the nurseries lol

Lucy

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor