SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kasha77

Broadmite Cure? Companion Planting at its Best!

kasha77
14 years ago

Hi Gang-

I have an interesting observation that I thought would be helpful if I passed it along- I have a Suavenola White brug with 2 branches- the left branch became infested with broadmites- the new leaves were curling & stunted, (no webs), very similar to Cyclamen mite damage)in terrible shape.. the left branch wasn't growing much- but the opposite right branch was not affected at all! It was enveloped with the branches & flowers from a nearby Russian Sage- and it never came down with them! In fact- this right branch grew taller than the left one- so what did I do? I wrapped the nearby branches of that Russian Sage all around the mite infested side- and the affected branch was completely healed in under 2 weeks! Now that branch has grown to the size of the right side, with no trace of mites... I have a Harliquin Glory Bower tree with the mites now- & plan to stew some of that Russian Sage in a pot, cool it down- & spray it on... I will keep you all posted to see if this works! Anyone else see this? Here's a photo of the planting-

as well as my newest garden- with bananas, cannas, etc Kasha77

{{gwi:520911}}

{{gwi:520912}}

{{gwi:520913}}

{{gwi:520914}}

{{gwi:520915}}

{{gwi:520916}}

{{gwi:520917}}

Comments (9)