SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ianna_gw

racoon

ianna
18 years ago

I need help. What can be used as a deterrent? A racoon has visited my backyard garden several times and POOPED several times on my fence. This is a very clever creature. Ever since a neighbor built his deck right up to his fence, I'm fairly certain that racoon uses it to climb up onto the fence, walk along it and visited my garden several times. It also uses the trellis to climb down into this enclosed space a few times, gathered up my eggplants and ate the stuff on the fence. It also used it to relieve himself. It cannot enter my yard through gaps under the fence because there are none. We elevated the yard a fair bit and built retaining wall to help raise the lawn. The wall blocked off any gaps into the yard and it certainly prevented bunnies from entering my property. So, it isn't getting in from beneath the fence but it certainly is climbing into the yard and always seems to start off from that area where the neighbor built a deck along a fence.

I wanted to set up sticky papers, chicken wire on that part of the fence where I suspect the creature is starts out from in order to get to my area. But I think it won't work.

Help.

Ianna

Comments (18)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor