SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
americangolden

Large Jade Whack and Repot

americangolden
11 years ago

Hello GW,

I got this plant a few days ago, and have been trimming it up to my liking over the past couple of days. I have it outside, and we recieved a large amount of rain 2 nights ago and last night, and with how horrible the soil looked in the pot it was in I thought I better transplant it a little earlier than anticipated because I didn't want to risk root rot.

I put together Al's gritty mix and put this Jade into a 14" terra cotta pot. I think it looks wonderful and I am very excited for it to enjoy its new home :). It was pretty hard to clean up the roots as the dirt was caked on very well, but I think I did a great job at removing as much of the dirt as I could with picking around and using the hose.

I plan on doing pruning once new growth starts taking off again and I see that it has taken to the new mix. I figured I'd leave on what is there to help with the transplanting process. Let me know what you all think.

Here is a before and after picture to get the idea of what I did with this wonderful plant. I have a lot of cuttings if anyone is interested I'd just request that you pay for shipping and I can send you as many cuttings as you want. Some are pretty large.

Enjoy :)

{{gwi:551446}}
Before

{{gwi:551448}}
After

Comments (125)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional